Monday, December 8, 2008

use technology tools to proccess data and report results

Using computer programs for gradebooking; I believe is essential to quick and accurate grading. The less time you spend grading and calculating percentages, the more time you have to spend on your students. I was surprised at how easy it was to calculate mock grades using Microsoft Excel. I worked as a teacher's assistant today and noticed the teacher I was working with was putting in the grades of papers I had just checked. I was curious as to what program she was using, so I asked her. She told me that her and the rest of the teachers in that school used Xanga to do their grading. She explained that it allowed for parents, teachers and students to view daily progress reports. Being that it's a Special Education specific school, I can see how helpful daily reports are for the students. I find it so interesting that it is now a regular thing for schools to use computers to grade; it was paper and pencil when I was in grade school.

No comments: